Pages

Monday 27 May 2013

Armageddon - The Hamilton Anime Expo

A few days ago I went to Armageddon. And pretty much these last few days have been me sleeping as I recover from my exhausting trip.
Hamilton is a two hour drive from Auckland, which to you Americans and Australians might not seem like much - but to us New Zealanders' that is one long drive. ;.; I actually won Silver Pass tickets to the event, so me and my 'companion' mother (who is apparently now obsessed with Armageddon and all things in it) were treated like celebrities. Just sayin' harhar.
We got autographs and pictures from actors for free, like Jason Mamoa, Lance Hendrikson and Joe Flanigan. I visited the Animation Room and watched a few hours of Blood C, then some of the film of Loups=Garous. I brought things (like a Shakugan no Shana postcard set, a few really cheap figurines from Lucky Star, and Honey and Clover the complete collection.) Then I walked, I brought more things, I walked some more, we went outside, we ate some chocolate, we spoke to some cosplayers and my mum...photobombed their photoshoot (seriously. 0-0)
We stayed there for so long. I just wish there were actual anime voice actors there. But it was such a fun day, all in all.
Seriously though. The Silver Passes are neat. No lines. Free photos and autographs. Heaven. :) We're so glad to have won those.
I'll add pictures later. I've finally recovered from that wonderful day. Before we left since we knew we wouldn't be coming back the next day, we gave our free passes to a young boy who didn't have enough money to go in. So I hope he had a fun day too.

Okay okay. Photos soon. Chow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment, stranger or not. :)